moderated Re: update for focus 40 braille display

Ashleigh Piccinino

Marlo,
If you try installing a Focus Blue firmware update for an older disp(the 4th Generation), for example, it might not work. Freedom Scientific says not to, so which display are you using? That is, the generation of display(5th or 4th). Also, I never have to quit my Norton Antivirus before installation. You might want to talk the problem out with FSLayy

On Nov 24, 2020, at 5:04 PM, Marlo Green <marlogreen@...> wrote:

I am having a little trouble updating my braille display. My USB will charge my display but even if I reset the display to USB, which I believebelievei have to do in order to do the installation, it does not recognize the display. I can use it in blue tooth though as I am now. I sure would like to update it though. Any suggestions?