moderated Re: Strange Zoom Volume Issue

Tom Behler

Jonathan:

The teaching I do is team teaching for the Handiham organization, so we need to leave the other instructors unmuted for their feedback and comments throughout the classes.

Students in the class mute and unmute themselves, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

I don’t have any other devices activated that might be creating sounds for Zoom to pick up.

I do still have Jaws 2020 on this computer, so can revert back to that if needed.

Yesterday, when in a test zoom session while preparing for the class, my mic volume suddenly became quite high and my audio got very distorted for a while.  Re-booting the computer fixed the issue.

This is why I think something in Zoom or Windows is messing with my sound settings, but again, I can’t identify a consistent pattern.

Will keep trying here, and I appreciate everyone’s input.

Tom Behler