moderated Re: Asking a jaws 2021 question.
Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
Hi again, Ron. After just writing to you, I discovered that, contrary totoggle quoted messageShow quoted text
what I had said earlier, I did have the procedure for moving the JAWS
program to the top of the list of programs that start when Windows starts.
Below is that procedure. Be sure to carefully note the programs you uncheck
above JAWS, so that you can recheck them again after your computer restarts.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, msconfig and press ENTER.
3. Press, CONTROL plus TAB, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. Arrow down the list, & uncheck any items above, JAWS Freedom Scientific,
on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, &
nothing else. Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going
recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, &
press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice
that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page / Tab,
and check the items / programs that you unchecked previously.
8. TAB to the, Okay, button, press the SPACEBAR, and TAB 1 time to, Restart,
and press ENTER to restart your computer.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Ron
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 2:28 PM
Subject: Asking a jaws 2021 question.
Hello to my fellow jaws subscribers.
I thought I had made sure that jaws 21 fires up at the log in screen.
I've doubled checked and here's what I have checked:
Start jaws at the log on screen, checked.
Start jaws after long on for all users checked.
Start jaws after the long on for this user and I also have the following
checked in the dialog box, using the all users settings.
So, what shouldn't be checked?
But for some weird reason when I fire up the pc in the mornings, I need to
go to NVDA or Narrator then type in my unlock code to access my pc.
So, what do I have checked off that shouldn't be checked please?
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or
Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station
Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG
Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well