moderated Re: Asking a jaws 2021 question.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Ron. After just writing to you, I discovered that, contrary to
what I had said earlier, I did have the procedure for moving the JAWS
program to the top of the list of programs that start when Windows starts.
Below is that procedure. Be sure to carefully note the programs you uncheck
above JAWS, so that you can recheck them again after your computer restarts.

1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, msconfig and press ENTER.
3. Press, CONTROL plus TAB, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. Arrow down the list, & uncheck any items above, JAWS Freedom Scientific,
on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, &
nothing else. Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going
recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, &
press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice
that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page / Tab,
and check the items / programs that you unchecked previously.
8. TAB to the, Okay, button, press the SPACEBAR, and TAB 1 time to, Restart,
and press ENTER to restart your computer.

Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer
starts.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com