moderated Re: switching to running programs

Van Lant, Robin

Tom,

My IT guy installed JAWS 2021 on my work laptop this morning. After getting it set up, I noticed the same behavior you described.  I had 4 programs running and only 2 would come up in the alt tab rotation; I could see all 4 programs if using Windows tab or insert F10. Like you, I could close JAWS 2021, then open JAWS 2020 or Narrator and Alt Tab worked as expected.  I have rebooted my computer and, at least at present, JAWS 2021 is working correctly again with the Alt  Tab.  Cannot say that would fix it for you, and I do not know if it will occur for me again, but wanted you to at least know you weren’t alone.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:06 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: switching to running programs

I have a slight problem. If I have more than 2 programs running and I try to switch to the 3rd or 4th program with alt, tab I can only switch to the first 2  programs that are  running. Using insert F10 I can see all 4 running programs and switch to the one I want to use. Makes it difficult when I am paying bills and have running the bank, Jaws and my bills paid document. Every time I switch to see what and how much the net  bill is I have tuse insert F10 to switch to the bills paid document. Never was this way till Jaws 2021. How do I get back to where I can alt tab to all the open programs.  Thanks Tom

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114