moderated Re: links on web pages

Don H

Happens both the latest versions of Google Chrome and Ms fEdge. Happens on all web sites when arrowing down a page. But if you want one example go to and use the arrow keys
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d8a330c2daa945fca0c8eedeb6e1c409

On 11/23/2020 12:59 PM, Mike B wrote:

Don,
What browser are you running?  I think I have an idea of what's happening but, I want to make sure we're on the same page.  Also, what's the website?
Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Don H <mailto:lmddh50@adams.net>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2020 9:06 AM
*Subject:* Re: links on web pages
I unchecked both Play jaws sounds
and enable sound notifications and I still get the sound when landing on
a web page link.
On 11/23/2020 10:23 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
> Press insert+6 on the number row to open the settings center while on
a web page for that browser's settings, or press control+shift+d for the default settings.
> Type sound in the search box and arrow down. You should hear:
> 1 of 9 Search Results
> There are options that have to do with forms mode sounds that you can
deselect, or select different sounds....

> Richard
> "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying.
> There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

<main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> On Behalf Of Don H
> Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 7:59 AM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
> Subject: links on web pages
>
> I am running Jaws 2021 on a win 10 system.  I have forms mode set to
manual.  When I arrow down a web page Jaws makes a sound when I land on a link and other controls.  Is there a way to stop this?