moderated Re: Office 2019 vs Office 365

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

For what it is worth, I’ve subscribed to 365 for several years and have never had any accessibility issues.

I opt to download and install the stand-alone version.

If having a downloaded version ever goes away, which I doubt, then I will look at Open Office.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 7:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 2019 vs Office 365

My concern about the subscription model is that improvements sometimes mean compromises of accessibility. I waited to buy Office 2016 until it looked like obvious accessibility hitches had been fixed. It looks like Office 2019 is now also in good shape. I’ll be sorry when I have no choice but to migrate to 365.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 9:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 2019 vs Office 365

Office 2019 is a one time purchase, but keep in mind that at some point in time Microsoft is going to stop offering updates for that when the next version comes out. With office 365 you continue to receive all the updates, so you’re currently running the most up-to-date code.

On Nov 21, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Mark Arnold ABG <markarnold.abg@...> wrote:

My reason for asking was subscription versus purchasing a one time license. I would like to avoid the subscription fee for office 365. Is office 2019 available for a one time purchase price or is it a subscription as well? Thanks, Mark

On Nov 21, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Edward Green <ergreen1981@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,
If you
buy Office
you also get access to Office
2019 for as long as you
continue
to
subscribe, so it needn’t be
an either or.

Cheers,
Ed

On 21 November 2020 13:56:06 "Mark Arnold ABG" <markarnold.abg@...> wrote:

List,

I am considering purchasing one of the two programs.  From a JFW accessibility position, are there any pros and cons between the 2019 and 365 programs?

Thanks,

Mark

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.