moderated Re: more on my jaws issue.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Microsoft can't help him boot in safe mode. They don't have any control of his computer in safe mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 6:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: more on my jaws issue.

Maybe he needs to reboot in safe mode and manually delete that empty folder?Or call Microsoft Accessibility and get help doing that.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Nov 20, 2020, at 5:45 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Kevin. There is no longer a separate 32 and 64-bit installer for JAWS. It is all contained in one installer. Jim is getting an error which just says, "Install Failed".

One thing Jim neglected to tell you is that There is an entry for JAWS 21 under programs and Features with nothing in it, and it won't uninstall.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 5:43 PM

Hi.

Something to check is whether you have the 32 or 64 bit version of the installer, and make sure it matches your Windows OS.

Hope this helps.

Kevin and Jilly, the very empathic, flying doggie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 8:11 PM

What error are you getting?

Have you tried unloading Jaws 2019 with insert+f4 and running Narrator while you install 2021?

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 5:01 PM
To: jfw-users@groups.io
Subject: more on my jaws issue.

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.