moderated Re: am I losing my mind or is we coding really that different by browser?

Van Lant, Robin

Thanks for the additional ideas, Brian.  I can plug a USB into my laptop, but it gets screened heavily.  I’ll see if I can figure out making a mobile NVDA to see if it will work.  Didn’t even think about Narrator. I’ll give that a try, too, especially now that I have the new Edge installed, which I’d imagine Narrator supports.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 4:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: am I losing my mind or is we coding really that different by browser?

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 06:43 PM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:

I need to get an exception for any software installation.

-
No surprise there, but it's worth making the request.  And play the reasonable accommodations angle to the hilt, emphasizing that it's a lot more expensive to get human sighted assistance in cases where a software alternative will make that largely or totally unnecessary.  Make it a win-win situation.

Are you able to use USB thumb drives?  If so, consider making a portable copy of NVDA for using in a pinch and/or, if you're using Windows 8.1 or 10, try invoking Narrator.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114