moderated Re: am I losing my mind or is we coding really that different by browser?

Jaffar Sidek

It very definitely is accessible.  It's main weakness though is that it doesn't deal well with JavaScript coded menus, but I can live with that for now, as i also have chrome to fall back on.  But I will be joining the Opera development team next year to help deal with this particular issue.  In my personal opinion, the Opera browser is not getting the attention it truly deserves.  Cheers!

On 21/11/2020 7:08 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 05:56 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
I would highly recommend Opera as well.  It is my favorite browser because the built-in ad blocker keeps ads to a minimum.
-
So, based on this, am I safe in assuming that Opera is accessible these days?  It used to be one that I recommended, but at one point (and I can't remember when, it's a while back), it became more than a bit of a mess in terms of accessibility.  It would be great if it's one I can recommend to blind users again, as they had a great browser.

This also makes me wonder if Opera Mail may have become accessible?  They had a great email client that, the last time I tested it with a screen reader, was an accessibility nightmare.  If that's changed, it would be great, too, as it was a good client but inaccessible.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss