moderated Re: Jaws2020 Task manager question

O.Addison Gethers

Hi JM Casey   I will try that and thanks

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 4:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 Task manager question

You can go to task manager, hit g key until it says “google chrome”, then just hit the delete key to end the task. If chrome is already in a non-responsive state (which it sounds like has happened) you will not even get a prompt, hitting delete will just do the trick. Then, check to make sure all instances of google chrome are closed (hit the g key again).

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: November 20, 2020 03:43 PM

Hi Bill  OK if it suppose to say close in all  then when I was on google chrome  with m.facebook.com  on profile page  when I come back to coputer 20 minute later  then I press f5 to fresh the page it will not fresh the page so I press alt  - f4 to try to close out google chrome  profile  on m.facebook.com  so the page is stucked up and won’t close out the page  so I went to task manager  page then arrow down to google chrome close then press tab key 2 time to task button press enter  and press alt –f4 to close out task manager  after task manager page close out google chrome profile on m.facebook.com still open then I press alt –f4 again it will not close out google chrome profile m.facebook.com  so I had to restart the computer . Why is that?

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 12:50 PM

Hi, Addison. Yes, it is supposed to say closed. To open the category in Task Manager, press the Right Arrow, and you may find several tasks under this one category. It says "Closed" in the same manner as when you are exploring the Files and Folders tree under Windows Explorer. It is not saying that the program is closed, it is saying that the entry for that item is closed and must be expanded with the Right Arrow.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 9:42 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws2020 Task manager question

Hi All I have jaws2020  and desktop computer Window10  !! When I press ctrl + shift + esc  to task manager   when task manager window page opens then I arrow down through the items  when I hear it’s say application for jaws  closed ,google chrome  closed ,firefox closed,microsoft edge closed and microsoft outlook closed  and others closed  !! Does task manager supposed to have all the items saying closed ? Because  when I was using google chrome  with  m.facebook.com  have the page opens for about 15 or 30 minute  later when I come back on computer  I was on google chrome  page with m.facebook.com I press F5 to fresh the page somehow  it won’t fresh the page so I press alt  F4 to close out the page  it won’t close out the google chrome  m.facebook.com  so it got stuck  so I went to task manager  then I arrow down to google chrome closed  then I press tab key it say detail  then press tab key again it say task  button I press enter  then I press alt –F4 to close out task manager  then it was on google chrome m.facebook.com profile  I press alt – F4 to close out the page but it won’t close out google chrome  !! Does anyone have any idea what I can do to task manager to say google chrome  without saying close ? Do anyone of you went you go to task manager  ,does all of your items say close ?

Addison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.