moderated Re: am I losing my mind or is we coding really that different by browser?

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 02:20 PM, David Csercsics wrote:
How many browsers should we have installed on devices, for the best experience?
-
This is entirely a personal choice.  I happen to have four Chromium-based browsers on my system, Chrome, Edge, Brave, and Vivaldi (the last of which I very, very seldom use) along with Firefox.

I'd say two browsers that use the same underlying technology is sufficient to allow you to do a quick and dirty check as to whether there is some browser-related difference between two built on the same code base.  And even that's only necessary if you really use one of them frequently.

I was once a Firefox only end user, and still use it extensively, but I've not installed any of its spin-offs so that I can check out whether a given peculiarity in Firefox might not occur in a spin off.

I tend to check across Firefox and any one of the Chromium-based browsers for behavior differences, or between two Chromium-based browsers, most frequently.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss