Re: How to import existing Outlook Express Address Book into Outlook 2010

George B

you need to save the export as v card files for 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-
jdh.com] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 16:35
To: Jaws users e-mail list
Subject: How to import existing Outlook Express Address Book into
Outlook 2010

Hello, everyone.

I have decided to try Outlook 2010 as my main e-mail client on a
Windows 7
laptop.

I have successfully interfaced Microsoft Outlook with my g-mail
account, but
have run into an interesting problem.

I can't seem to import my old Outlook Express address book into the new
Outlook program.

I have saved my old Outlook Express address book as a .wab file onto a
thumb
drive, but can't seem to get it to be imported into the new Outlook
2010
contacts.

I can get to the import wizzard, but can't seem to get Outlook to
recognize
my older Outlook Express .wab address file.

Another list member sent me instructions from the Microsoft web site,
but I
can't get them to work.

Here's the link, in case anyone is interested or wants to see them:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291602

Any suggestions or a set of steps that is known to work would be
appreciated.

I'm using Jaws 12 and Windows 7 here.

Tom from Michigan