moderated Re: switching to running programs

Tom,

          Then this one is a case of, "search me?"   There are certain changes to Windows 10 and Edge both that can trigger something similar, and that's easy to reverse, under Windows 10.  I have no idea what may be going on under Windows 7 (and at this point barely remember many "under the hood" details of Windows 7, having been away from it entirely since 2015).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss