moderated Re: Outlook Braille - was APH Mantis not displaying Braile in Outlook

Shai

Hello John,
I am using the Outlook app Office365 version installed on my computer
with JAWS2021 and it is working just fine using Focus40 braille
display fifth generation. I also tried it on my work computer and same
result.
At this point, I think that there may be an issue with your locally
installed copy of JAWS. Another way to test this is by first exiting
Outlook pressing insert space followed by z this will place you in the
JAWS default directory similar to how JAWS came from the factory. See
if Outlook is still causing an issue with your braille display once
you place JAWS in this mode this is a toggle so pressing insert space
z will take you back to how JAWS had been configured before.

On 11/19/20, John Gurd via groups.io <j.gurd=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
Actually it's working in the other apps I've tried including word - just
not
Outlook. And in fact it's not just my Mantis, it's my Focus 40. So it
appears it might be something to do with settings. I've checked Structured
mode is on and Braille Sleep is not enabled. It's the same in Bluetooth and
in the USB connection. I've loaded the Outlook specific settings with
Insert
6 and all looks okay as far as I can tell.

John