moderated Re: Issues with Jaws ndwindows 10,

Joseph Hudson

Oh wow a little ridiculous. I honestly don't think they can tell because they pretty much look the same.

On Nov 19, 2020, at 11:48 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant=Key.com@groups.io> wrote:

JAWS Professional is still a one user license, but Freedoms Scientific says we need to use the professional version if using it in a work setting. There isn't any functional difference, as there used to be in the distinction between Microsoft Office Home and Professional versions. Frankly, I think what it comes down to is a pricing structure. Freedom Scientific is making up part of their revenue from licenses purchased by companies and passing on a savings to personal users who likely don't have the financial resources of a company. That's my hunch. Sure, they can charge all users the same price, but it's a smart thing they are doing to charge less for home users. I'm not sure if they can really tell if someone is using a home license in a professional setting; I figure it is on the honor system and subject to audit, like the IRS auditing your taxes.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Issues with Jaws ndwindows 10,

Oh wow, is that so that you can install it on more than three computers or what? Because with the subscription service, you can install it on up to three computers plus if you need to transfer to another computer you can do the exact same thing my dad and I couldn't figure out why I would need the professional version since they pretty much offer the same thing.
On Nov 18, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant=Key.com@groups.io> wrote:

Joseph,
Those of us using JAWS at a company cannot use the annual home license anyway. We have to use the Professional version.