moderated Re: Jaws annual subscription

David Diamond

So what about those who have the JAWS 19 and want to upgrade to 21? They have to pay for who knows how many upgrades to be current.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4
Sent: November 18, 2020 11:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

If you have an SM a, the best thing to do is keep it up-to-date. If you ever let it
lapse, or go to the home annual license, you will end up spending more
money. $90 times two is 180. Where as the SMA for two years is currently
$150.
If you switch to the home annual license and decide not to renew it, you will
then be downgraded to the demo 40 minute version.
<richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:

> If memory serves, and that could be a big if, let's say you have a SMA
through 2023.
> You decide to skip 2024 and want to get a full license for 2025 and 26, you
have to still pay for 2024.
> I still like the SMA approach, but at some point, I may decide to switch if the
annual purchase stays at $90 per year because by 2024, that will be more cost
effective.
> But, not even the Shadow knows if that price will stay the same ....
>

> Richard
> "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.
> There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning
how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
> --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59
>
> Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com
>
> *I’m not the card shark

license that must be purchased and renewed every year. You can still
purchase a full license with an SMA and get a perpetual license for that
version of JAWS and use it for as long as you like. It won't expire whether you
choose to keep purchasing an SMA or not. As Windows continues to be
updated and your various programs such as Office 365 continue to be
updated, how effective the older version of JAWS will remain might be an
issue.

> Alan Lemly

the 20 version, if I did not renew my SMA because it had run out, I could still
use JAWS 20. The kicker is though, from what I can remember, if in a few
years 20 was out of date as in not working properly because of the upgrades
in technology, I'd have to pay for each succeeding upgrade. Others can refute
that if they want. I don't know everything and don't mind being corrected.
Providing of course the person has factual info, not their own idea. "You
should ... it could ..." Yes, I did renew my SMA at $165 and do have the 21.

of JAWS. If you have the SMA you keep those version as long as you wish to
use them.

up to date with a SMA. Lets say I don't purchase another SMA but go for the
annual $90 subscription. What happens at the end of that subscription if I
don't purchase another subscription? Do I lose the use of what was a full
license copy?