moderated Re: Jaws annual subscription

If you switch to the subscription license of JAWS, that is a non-perpetual license that must be purchased and renewed every year. You can still purchase a full license with an SMA and get a perpetual license for that version of JAWS and use it for as long as you like. It won't expire whether you choose to keep purchasing an SMA or not. As Windows continues to be updated and your various programs such as Office 365 continue to be updated, how effective the older version of JAWS will remain might be an issue.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws annual subscription

The same is true if your SMA runs out, according to a rep at Vispero. I had the 20 version, if I did not renew my SMA because it had run out, I could still use JAWS 20. The kicker is though, from what I can remember, if in a few years 20 was out of date as in not working properly because of the upgrades in technology, I'd have to pay for each succeeding upgrade. Others can refute that if they want. I don't know everything and don't mind being corrected. Providing of course the person has factual info, not their own idea. "You should ... it could ..." Yes, I did renew my SMA at $165 and do have the 21.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: November 18, 2020 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws annual subscription

When your subscription runs out you no longer have access for that version of JAWS. If you have the SMA you keep those version as long as you wish to use them.
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:32 PM
Subject: Jaws annual subscription

OK I have a full licensed copy of Jaws home edition and have been keeping it up to date with a SMA. Lets say I don't purchase another SMA but go for the annual $90 subscription. What happens at the end of that subscription if I don't purchase another subscription? Do I lose the use of what was a full license copy?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.