Re: JAWS and on-the-job software

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Emily:
I would contact the software vendors directly. It may get you nowhere, but software vendors tend to be helpful, particularly if you drop a gentle hint about being 508 compliant.
Often, they will furnish demo software. Network packages may be another story. Still, they will sometimes let you talk to someone technical.
The key questions to ask are:
1. Is this a client/server application or a Web application;
2. Does the application use standard controls from the Microsoft Windows operating system;
3. Has the vendor ever had to deal with a customer/user with a visual impairment?
That should get you started, at least.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Emily Schlenker
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 4:56 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: JAWS and on-the-job software

Hi, everyone. I am a new graduate currently looking for employment in the administrative assistant/office/customer service field. With my education and priar experience I am a strong candidate for some of the jobs for which apply, however, some of the specialty software used by these employers has not been used with JAWS by anyone in my area. Does anyone on the list use applications other than those which are Microsoft based? I am particularly interested in whether anyone has experience with MAStermind security monitoring software, and A La Mode appraisal software. Any information would be very helpful, as I have tried numerous web searches and contacted Freedom Scientific, to no avail.
Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
Emily Schlenker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120316/8a54117a/attachment.html>
#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.