moderated Re: getting Jaws on the desktop

While I can get the shell:AppsFolder to display in any of the typical views, it does not respond to the standard folder shortcut keys to change the view.  The only way I can get there is:

1. Activate the Organize dropdown, Layout Option, Menu Bar toggle.
2. Activate the View Menu (ALT+V), Details option (followed by D).

It also always reverts to Tiles view, it's default, if you close it and open it again later, no matter what view you had chosen for it using the above method.

With NVDA, and I'd have to believe with JAWS (but haven't tested), first letter navigation works regardless of the view chosen.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss