From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 6:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: List Rules (was RE: Warning, political article link included,
concerning Social Security for people with a disability)

Many personal signatures on the list include religious statements. Why are
these allowed???
At 04:45 PM 11/17/2020, you wrote:
Blind-users@groups.io but religion and politics are off limits
everything else goes.

On 11/17/2020 11:17 AM, James English wrote:
What are these lists? I've been looking for a general blindness list
for a while

On 11/17/20, Dale Heltzer <deheltzer@msn.com> wrote:
C'mon y'all, we get a reminder on the first of each month what the
list rules are... one of which is:

******
2: Stay on topic. We're a JFW-oriented list. That said, anything
related to JFW, its functionality with programs etc is acceptable. If
it doesn't have to do with JFW, it doesn't belong on the list. This
includes, but isn't limited to, talk of other screen readers such as
Window Eyes.

I would also add, as an admonition, that advising anyone to simply
hit the Delete key shows disrespect for fellow list members.
There are other lists on which this material *would be appropriate.
Many of us subscribe to such lists and don't appreciate the
cross-posting when said posting is outside the purview of a given list.

And now, I wish you all well.
Be safe