locked Re: List Rules (was RE: Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability)

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Blind-users@groups.io but religion and politics are off limits everything else goes.

On 11/17/2020 11:17 AM, James English wrote:
What are these lists? I've been looking for a general blindness list for a while

On 11/17/20, Dale Heltzer <deheltzer@msn.com> wrote:
C'mon y'all, we get a reminder on the first of each month what the list
rules are... one of which is:

******
2: Stay on topic. We're a JFW-oriented list. That said, anything related to
JFW, its functionality with programs etc is acceptable. If it doesn't have
to do with JFW, it doesn't belong on the list. This includes, but isn't
limited to, talk of other screen readers such as Window Eyes.

I would also add, as an admonition, that advising anyone to simply hit the
Delete key shows disrespect for fellow list members.
There are other lists on which this material *would be appropriate. Many of
us subscribe to such lists and don't appreciate the cross-posting when said
posting is outside the purview of a given list.

And now, I wish you all well.
Be safe