moderated Re: Laptop mouse question

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,
How do we know if our laptop supports that gesture?

On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:50 AM, Shan Noyes <shan.noyes@...> wrote:

Hi

One thing you might check out is the controls for the touch pad. 

On my laptop I have a touch pad and my sleeves some times causes the mouse to move around however, in my case the fix is quite simple.  If I tap twice on the upper left side it toggles the touch pad on and off.

Anyways, just a easy control feature if your laptop supports it. 

Have a good day.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jasmine Kotsay via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 5:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Laptop mouse question

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I actually keep my mouse on. I don’t ever even use the buttons to click when prompted. I usually don’t have any trouble with the mouse pad, unless I have long sleeves on. I keep the mouse on because I sometimes have someone who can see helping with the computer. I like the idea of having cardboard taped to the touchpad, though.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 12:52 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Laptop mouse question

List,

I have had numerous laptops over the years and the “mouse” area always causes problems…  Often times I inadvertently touch the mouse area and JAWS loses focus.  Do most users turn off the mouse and connect an external mouse if sighted users want to utilize a mouse?  Any input would be appreciated…

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark D. Arnold

Co-Director

American Blind Golf

Phone: (330) 419-1710

www.AmericanBlindGolf.com

www.OhioBlindGolf.com

Motivate, Inspire & Serve

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.