moderated Re: Laptop mouse question

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,

I actually keep my mouse on. I don’t ever even use the buttons to click when prompted. I usually don’t have any trouble with the mouse pad, unless I have long sleeves on. I keep the mouse on because I sometimes have someone who can see helping with the computer. I like the idea of having cardboard taped to the touchpad, though.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 12:52 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Laptop mouse question

List,

I have had numerous laptops over the years and the “mouse” area always causes problems…  Often times I inadvertently touch the mouse area and JAWS loses focus.  Do most users turn off the mouse and connect an external mouse if sighted users want to utilize a mouse?  Any input would be appreciated…

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark D. Arnold

Co-Director