moderated Re: form fields in word

Cynthia,

             I have received your example.  There are several issues with how it was designed, and at the moment the biggest one was the use of ActiveX controls for the fillable fields and the next one that it is not done as a true fillable form, where the only thing you can touch is those fillable fields.

             I have to do some additional research on how one goes about converting ActiveX controls to straight text once they've been filled out.  So far, I have not found any simple way to do that.  I never use ActiveX controls when creating fillable forms, far preferring the legacy form fields, which correspond to what one's used to on webpages, and are far easier to convert to straight text after the form is filled out.  I'll let you know what I find if I find it (or don't).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss