moderated Re: Jaws SMA

NFB Lab 4

There is one thing I did not know until I called freedom scientific. If your SMA expires with the 2021 addition, then you only have until January 1 of 21 in order to get it at the lower price. After January 1 they charge you an additional $60 to upgrade.

On Nov 16, 2020, at 1:21 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

But I think those of us with a professional license still need to do the SMA route, isn’t that right?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 11:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws SMA

No, it's obvious what FS is trying to do.  They are deliberately making a two-upgrade SMA more expensive for $210 than a two-year license for $180,because they want to gradually migrate all JAWS customers to the licensing arrangement and eliminate the SMA arrangement altogether. Now that JAWS has reached a plateau and few new features can be expected in the future, many JAWS users may simply decide to let their SMA's lapse.  But by gradually switching them to the licensing arrangement, JAWS users will have to renew their licenses annually which would be more profitable for FS in the long run.

Gerald

On 11/16/2020 12:33 PM, John Doering wrote:

Boy, that is a jump in price.  That should be for 2 upgrades.
After updating to 2021, I checked and JAWS indicates I have 1 more remaining upgrade.  Should that be reporting correctly or is there something to do to make sure that field in "About" is correct?

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst
Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063