moderated Re: reading footnotes in a word document

Ann Byrne

I have trouble getting JAWS to read footnotes. I think they read best in draft view.

At 03:54 PM 11/15/2020, you wrote:

I pressed the jaws key, 0 and then v. That doesn't do anything. I then pressed jaws key o and v. That didn't do anything. When Jaws reads your text below it says jaws key zero volt. Is that some special key?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 2:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: reading footnotes in a word document

Hi Kevin-all,

The trick is, while in word, to invoke the word specific jaws settings with jawskey0v and search for "ui" this is uig or something and relates to a Microsoft setting. Uncheck the box, and make sure footnotes are set to be read in place. Then I think you will be ok.

Hope this helps,

Takis

From: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io <<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 3:25 AM
To: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: reading footnotes in a word document

Hi, I'm using the most recent version of Jaws2020 and word 2016. When just reading a word document is it possible to setup Jaws so footnotes are visable without pressing the windows key plus ;? I know when I move through the document someone else has created, I wouldn't know there were footnotes unless I was told. I guess I could always look using the windows plus ; keys. Yet if someone is just reading a book on a recreational basis will they know there are footnotes? What about Kindle? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.