Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Hi again,

Open Word.

Press insert+v.

Type foot in the search field.

You should have two results.

Arrow down and in my case I have:

Comments, Footnotes, and Endnotes Detection On, Reading OptionsWord Settings

This option controls whether to detect comments, footnotes, and end notes while reading the document.
Options include: Off - No comments, footnotes, or end notes are detected.
Options

Header and Footer Detection not checked, Reading OptionsWord Settings

This option controls whether JAWS detects and announces headers and footers in the current section of the currently opened document.
The default setting is On.
when the option is on, as a document opens, JAWS announces the presence of headers and footers in the current section of the document.
If the option for Page, Section, And Multiple Column Breaks is set to on, the presence of headers and footers in a section will be announced when the section change is announced.
setting
Edit‑

HTH,

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 1:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: reading footnotes in a word document

He meant just jawsKey plus v.

The main thing is looking at the footnote options to have it read.

I'm not at my computer right now to check the exact wording.

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished 

On Nov 15, 2020, at 1:54 PM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

I pressed the jaws key, 0 and then v. That doesn’t do anything. I then pressed jaws key o and v. That didn’t do anything. When Jaws reads your text below it says jaws key zero volt. Is that some special key?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 2:13 AM
Subject: Re: reading footnotes in a word document

Hi Kevin-all,

The trick is, while in word, to invoke the word specific jaws settings with jawskey0v and search for “ui” this is uig or something and relates to a Microsoft setting. Uncheck the box, and make sure footnotes are set to be read in place. Then I think you will be ok.

Hope this helps,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 3:25 AM
Subject: reading footnotes in a word document

Hi, I’m using the most recent version of Jaws2020 and word 2016. When just reading a word document is it possible to setup Jaws so footnotes are visable without pressing the windows key plus ;? I know when I move through the document someone else has created, I wouldn’t know there were footnotes unless I was told. I guess I could always look using the windows plus ; keys. Yet if someone is just reading a book on a recreational basis will they know there are footnotes? What about Kindle? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.