moderated Re: Laptop mouse question

Don H

On my HHP laptops there is a mouse setting to disable the touch pad if you have a physical mouse plugged in. I purchased a mouse with a small dongle and keep it plugged into a USB port.

On 11/15/2020 2:55 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
Mark:
I have been using Dell laptops lately, and always try to turn off the mouse
pad for the same reasons you suggest.
However, I notice that sometimes the mouse pad gets turned back on probably
from Dell updates, so I'm gradually learning to live with the mouse bening
enabled.
If someone has instructions for turning the mouse pad off on a Dell
computer, and keeping it off, I'd appreciate them.
Tom Behler
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 3:52 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Laptop mouse question
List,
I have had numerous laptops over the years and the "mouse" area always
causes problems. Often times I inadvertently touch the mouse area and JAWS
loses focus. Do most users turn off the mouse and connect an external mouse
if sighted users want to utilize a mouse? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mark
Mark D. Arnold
Co-Director