moderated Jaws command question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Today I was watching a Youtube video, and Jaws kept talking so I couldn't hear
the people in the video very well. So I turned Jaws using insert f4. Well after
the video was finished I tried to turn Jaws on using control alt j, but it
didn't work, my Dad had to click on Jaws. Now I know I have the command set, so
I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Any ideas? Is there any other way I can turn
Jaws on myself? If Jaws isn't working then my Braille display doesn't work
either (not sure if this is normal or not) so I don't even know where I am. I
hardly ever turn Jaws off, but I'd still like to know why the command to turn it
on doesn't work. Running Jaws 2018. Look forward to any suggestions anyone can
provide!! Thanks
Madison