moderated Re: How Many of you out there have used Google Calendar?

Rick Miller

Brian:

It is the Settings for notifications with Google calendar I am having trouble with.  I did not know there are settings for just a single event.  The problem I am having is this.  When I get into the Settings menu for Google Calendar I arrow down to where there are notifications.  I have heard that there are three ways you can get notifications—e-mail, Desktop and Alert.  When I get to where the notification settings are I hit the Enter key.  The option for Desktop notifications is there and the Option for Alerts is there, but when I arrow up above Desktop I have found that instead of giving an e-mail notification, JAWS is just saying the word “off.”  That puzzles me, and that is what I have been inquiring about.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How Many of you out there have used Google Calendar?

Rick,

One quick request for clarification.  I am not certain whether you're having trouble with the settings related to Notifications from Google Calendar, setting up notifications in a Google Calendar Event, or both.  Would you please let me know whether you need assistance with one, the other, or both of these things.

I am also presuming that you wish to use Google Calendar via its own web interface, rather than using a Sync Client to sync your Google Calendar to your Outlook Calendar.  If that's not true, please let me know your preference.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.