moderated Re: Issues with Jaws ndwindows 10,

Chris Hill

I'd start by grabbing a demo of a newer Jaws version.  Fact is, windows is evolving and using an old jaws on a newer version of windows could cause problems.

On 11/13/2020 17:07, tele1974@... wrote:

Hello, I’m hoping someone has some help, I just received a windows 10 laptop through work, and we are running jaws 18.  The issues I’m having are:

1, when hitting alt plus other keys, IE alt+a to go to my explorer favorites, or other similar commands, the command works maybe 25 percent of the time.  Sometimes I have to repeatedly hit the command, and sometimes it just doesn’t work at all.  I’ve not found this with previous versions of windows running jaws 18.

2, the other issue I have is that when I am typing into an edit field, such as a search field on a search engine, or in any other explorer based program, many of the characters I type are not entering into the box.  It’s almost as if there is a lag of some kind.  I will have to go back and add about half the characters I’ve typed back in, as only fragments of words show up in the box.

I’m hoping this makes sense and that someone may have some suggestions.

Thanks,

Kurt