moderated Re: Microsoft 365 Word losing pages or at least hiding them

Alan Robbins

Richard,

I’ve had the same problem in the past. Problem was Word was in page view rather than draft mode. Switch to draft mode(ctrl, alt N) and you should be fine.

BTW, if you are the same Richard Turner featured on the past week’s POD cast, Eyes on Success, nice job!

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 10:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Microsoft 365 Word losing pages or at least hiding them

I have a truly crazy thing happening.

This happened in Jaws 2020 as well as 2021.

I have about a 9 page document with a simple list of the books we’ve read in our book group since 2008.

Each month’s book is on a separate line.

I just added the list from 2020.

When I then went back to review by arrowing up and down, it suddenly jumped from 2017 to the middle of a list I have at the end of other books that had been suggested.

But, if I select all, and copy into a text editor like Notetab Pro, everything is there as it should be.

Another odd thing is sometimes when arrowing up or down, when I hit a page break that is a “soft page break” meaning I did not put in a hard page break, I get the Windows error sounds and cannot arrow beyond that line into the next page.

I have to left arrow from the beginning of the line, or right arrow from the end of the line to get beyond that point.

I have the line spacing set to 1, I use Times New Roman 12 point font.

I’m not doing any fancy headings or font changes.

The window is maximized.

Any ideas what kind of Gremlin I have?

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.