moderated Re: Jaws announcing columns and rows

Jim Pursley

I'm getting into this thread late.  Sorry if I repeat anything.

I've been using the  column and row marking protocol in Excel for a couple of JAWS iterations.  The quick settings for title reading override should indeed be off (mine is).

I'm assuming that your MLS spreadsheet does not mark column and row titles.

Here's what I do

You can do this from the Excel menus, too on the Formula tab. Just arrow down to define name and you'll find how to do it.  I only use the menu option to modify or delete titles I've already entered through the define name choice in Excel's applications key.

So go to the upper left cell of your spreadsheet (point the pc cursor there)

Open the applications key

Hit Define Name

Enter titleregion 1..cell address of the lower right cell.

Hit enter and you should be good to go

It's possible to set only row or only column titles but I've not done it in so long that I've forgotten.

You can set a Region II or III but you need to make it out of your title 1 range.

You  probably don't need to use the words titleregion (number) but I find it easiest as I don't have super complicated spreadsheets.

If your define name function doesn't work after you've clicked off the override selection in quick settings, you may have a protected sheet on your hands.  If so, just follow the instructions to save a copy.

The system I describe above is a major, major major (Catch 22 reference) improvement over the old system which required one to manipulate the quick settings.

Cheers.

You can

On 11/13/2020 10:35 AM, Sterling France wrote:
The program is my Real Estate MLS program.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC
Sterling N. France, President
Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]
“Where quality service is our main objective”
2901 Druid Park Dr. Ste. 212
Baltimore, MD 21215
410-383-1111
410-383-3311 FAX
info@francoa.com
www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.
If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

From: Sterling France [mailto:info@francoa.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Cc: <info@francoa.com>
Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 12:55 PM
Subject: Jaws announcing columns and rows
Mike:

I did that and there were no settings saying columns or rows.

There were some I thought might turn off columns and rows but, I was afraid
to click on it and messed something I could not straighten out.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great day.

info@francoa.com <mailto:info@francoa.com>

www.francoa.com <http://www.francoa.com>