moderated Re: Turned off protected mode
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi Bill, I tried this and it worked the first time. The second time it didn’t. I checked the Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view and it is not checked. Any other thoughts?
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: Turned off protected mode
MS Word actually has a number of features to protect you from various threats that are spread via Word files. One of these features
(opens in a new tab)
in the read-only mode so it can’t affect your computer negatively.
This may be the reason why your documents always open in the read-only mode. Turning this option off should fix the issue for you.
list of 2 items
1. Open MS Word on your computer.
2. Click on the Options option at the lower-left corner and it’ll open the settings menu.
3. Click on the General tab in the left sidebar if you aren’t already there. Then on the right-hand side menu, scroll down and find the option that says
Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view.
4. Uncheck the box for the option and click on OK to save the changes.
5. The Word files you’ve received as email attachments should now open in regular mode letting you edit them however you want.
I’m using most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2020 and word2016. I keep getting documents attached to an email in protected mode. I turned off protected mode. Now the documents is in read only mode. I couldn’t find where to turn this off. Where would I turn off read only mode?