Re: VPN and tokens

Dave...

Yes, I use this all the time for work. SoftToken is a program that generates
a token based on two factors:

1. It is running on the computer it is expecting to find (such as my
laptop), and
2. I input a 4-digit pin to create the token.

Then I copy the token, shut down SoftToken and paste into the VPN password
field.

Simple and elegant.

Your company should have no issues, as it's just as secure as one of those
token cards.

Here's the Help/About screen from my copy:

About SofToken II
SofToken II (Version 2.1.1)
Product Info: SofToken Info:
File Version: 2.1.1 Serial Num: xxxxxx
Copyright © 2002 Secure Computing API Version: 2.1
Secure Computing Corporation Type: DES Silver
Mode: Asynchronous
Phone: (Main) 1.800.692.5625
(Sales) 1.800.379.4944
(Support) 1.800.700.8328
(Intl. Support) 1.651.628.1500
Fax: 1.408.918.6101
Email: support@...
sales@...
Web: http://www.securecomputing.com
OK
Dave Carlson
Written with grammatical care, punctuation, and capitalization because I
empathize with readers of my mail. From my Dell Latitude 630 in the general
vicinity of my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.