moderated Re: I broke my alt-tab how do I get it back?

What are your Windows Version and Build Numbers?   There is a change in ALT+TAB default behavior with the introduction of Version 20H2 and I suspect that's what's going on.  The settings you refer to have nothing to do with ALT+TAB behavior.

I don't want to get into the 20H2 "change back" steps unless I know you have 20H2.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss