moderated Re: JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thanks, Tom.  I think I am just kind of skittish because I have been a long time JAWS user and recall some bad experiences many years ago with JAWS and some of the anti-virus software.

I will be installing it next week and hope there are no negative impacts.

Thanks,

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 10:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Pamela:

As I think I said the other day, I find that Trend Micro does occasionally cause some disruptions when using Jaws, but the disruptions have been minimal compared to what used to happen with the older Norton Antivirus, for example.

Most of the time, the program runs in the background with no negative effects.  Plus, I’m told when a scan is about to start so I can prepare if needed.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 7:48 AM

Thank you all for your feedback.

Outside of using the Trend console itself, does it cause any disruption with using JAWS?

Thanks again.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fisher via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 6:41 AM

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor, PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.