moderated Re: new to jaws after 10 years using a mac
Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi again, Stephanie. One thing you might consider is this, you can customize Windows so that it doesn't load some programs that you know you won't use when Windows starts. You can change this behavior in the following way,
1. Go to Settings by using Windows key plus I.
2. Right Arrow to Apps & features, and press ENTER.
3. TAB once, then Arrow down to Startup, and press ENTER.
4. Here you can choose which programs load when Windows starts. Some programs such as some of the games, I tell Windows to not load when Windows starts.
You can also choose which apps to allow to run in the background.
1. Go to Settings with Windows key plus I.
2. TAB once, Arrow down to Privacy and press ENTER.
3. Arrow down to Background Apps and press ENTER.
4. Choose which apps you want to allow to run in the background.
Some of the apps I have chosen to not allow to run in the background are,
3D Builder ‑
3D Viewer ‑
Candy Crush Soda Saga ‑
Groove Music ‑
Microsoft Solitaire Collection ‑
Paradise Bay ‑
Depending upon your personal interests, you may choose to allow some of these programs to run in the background, and you might wish to disable others. These are only my personal preferences.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Stephanie
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 3:01 AM
Subject: new to jaws after 10 years using a mac
I recently purchased my first windows pc for over ten years and have jaws 2020. I also have a Focus braille display.
First of all, is there a way of navigating the screen using the focus display? Switching between display and keyboard is quite annoying, or perhaps I just need to get used to it. Also, how do I mute the speech and then unmute it again when necessary.
Lastly, is there a document, or book [in brf or word] with help on how to use jaws? I don't do well with audio and prefer a written reference if possible.
Thank you so much for your help.