moderated I just got a Bluetooth speaker that works great with Windows 10 and JAWS 2020

Kevin Minor

Hi all.

I’ve finally found a Bluetooth speaker that doesn’t suffer from the dreaded cutting off the start of speech with JAWS.  It’s the Tribit Soundmax Plus Bluetooth speaker. I might have that backwards, but if you look for it on Amazon, you’ll find it. It has 24 watts of sound, is stereo, and uses a micro USB cable for charging. The buttons have tactile markings, so it’s easy to figure out.  It claims to have 20 hours of battery life, and the advertising says it has a range of up to 100 feet. I just got it, so I can’t say much about how well it works yet. The thing that I’m very happy about is it doesn’t chop off the beginning of JAWS when it starts. I think it’s mainly made for devices like smart phones, but it paired with my Windows 10 laptop with no problem. Oh yeah, it’s waterproof, so some rain won’t hurt it.

I ordered it from Amazon, and with Prime it costs around $60, taxes included.

That’s all from me. Right now it’s charging, but I used it plugged in with no problem, but I don’t know what that would mean for the battery. Tonight I’m going to start music on this laptop, and instead of moving the computer to my bedroom, the new speaker will be used, and it will be really nice to have a lower volume than what the lower quality internal speakers produce. I know, I could just lower their volume in sound settings, but what can I say, I’m lazy.

Just letting you know.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie