From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2020 2:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using jaws to work at a call centre as an incoming customer
service agent

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 03:37 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:

did the company do the scripting or was it a third party? where does one
find a third party scripter?

-
The company hired a third-party. There are virtually no in-house JAWS
Script experts because there are very few places where there is in-house use
of JAWS at all, when workplaces are taken as a whole. And even in places
where JAWS is used extensively, unless you're dealing with custom software
that is not web based, but is "screen input/output based," there's likely
been little need for custom scripting at all.

I did a lot of research back then, and some of it by asking on groups such
as this one, for information regarding individuals who develop custom JAWS
scripts professionally. It is a very small, select group.

I do not know who, ultimately, the company hired (and the company was
Crutchfield, by the way, I think they deserve a shout-out for all they did
to get this employee fully up and running, which was substantial). Since
JAWS scripting is not something that I do, once I'd determined what was
going to be needed my job was done.

~ Lawrence Krauss

--
Shai Wolman