moderated Re: using jaws to work at a call centre as an incoming customer service agent

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 03:37 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
did the company do the scripting or was it a third party? where does one find a third party scripter?
-
The company hired a third-party.  There are virtually no in-house JAWS Script experts because there are very few places where there is in-house use of JAWS at all, when workplaces are taken as a whole.  And even in places where JAWS is used extensively, unless you're dealing with custom software that is not web based, but is "screen input/output based," there's likely been little need for custom scripting at all.

I did a lot of research back then, and some of it by asking on groups such as this one, for information regarding individuals who develop custom JAWS scripts professionally.  It is a very small, select group.

I do not know who, ultimately, the company hired (and the company was Crutchfield, by the way, I think they deserve a shout-out for all they did to get this employee fully up and running, which was substantial).  Since JAWS scripting is not something that I do, once I'd determined what was going to be needed my job was done.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss