moderated Re: Outlook Rules

Van Lant, Robin

You said the emails are going to your bulk folder. Do you mean the Junk folder or just to your inbox?  If they are going to Junk, I’m thinking your email provider is flagging them as junk as they come in, so the Outlook rule doesn’t even have a chance to run on them before they’ve already gone to Junk.  Can you go into your webmail for that account and be sure the JFW email is on the safe sender list?  I have no problems with the JFW list in Outlook here on my company account, but I’m on an iPhone list on my personal account and sometimes individual emails from that will land in my inbox or in junk.  I haven’t figured out all of the reasons, but sometimes it’s because someone else’s email service flagged the email, so when they reply to the list, my provider seems to think it’s still suspect.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry McMillan via groups.io
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 7:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook Rules

I have Outlook 2016, Windows 10 and Jaws 2020 and I know how to create and manage rules.  The problem is that I created a Jaws Group folder, but the only time the e-mails move over is when I create the rule at that moment.  Any new group e-mails that come in remain in my bulk mail folder.  I have called the Microsoft disability desk and they have no solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Larry

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114