moderated Re: Voice assist on a laptop

Don Mauck

FYI for all, I’ve got Cisco Any connect running to do my job. However, when I disconnected the VPN, Voice assist actually worked correctly. Seems like the VPN was blocking JAWS from hitting whatever server it’s using.

I’ve no Oracle doesn’t block very many if any other JAWS functions so I’m curious if I need to ask for a White list on a specific process/file or is this a known issue.

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

Don.mauck@...

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 8:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Voice assist on a laptop

I understand that, in fact I can use that same microphone for Zoom calls and the like.

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

Don.mauck@...

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 7:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Voice assist on a laptop

The laptop mike should work, check in your sound settings to be sure that the mic is selected as the input device. You can also run a test on the microphone through the sound settings

On Oct 30, 2020, at 9:47 AM, Don Mauck <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Should my laptop microphone work with voice assist? Currently I get no response when I say “sharky,” even with the setting set to use that command. When I use the command as a single command, I‘m told “nothing was herd”.

Regards:

Don.mauck@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.