moderated Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

David Kingsbury

Hi all,

Temporary placemarkers are used in Word for extended text selection. Press Control Windows K at the start of a selection and press Insert Spacebar together and then M at the end of the selection to highlight the extended text. It is very useful for highlighting large chunks of text and serves a different function than bookmarks, and as others said, you can only do a single temporary placemarker in Word while you can make them permanent on the web.

I am having the same problem. For some reason, doing the extended text selection works for me in some documents and not others. In those where it does not work, Alt tabbing away from and back to it does not help. I notice this with both JAWS 2020 and the 2021 beta.

David