moderated Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

Adrian Spratt

Thank you, Ann. I'll work with this.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

I didn't know you could do that.

You can set actual bookmarks, though. Alt-n, then k is the Word command. Name the bookmark. When you want to move to it, use ctrl-g, go to, which places the cursor on the page number item of a list. move to the bookmark item, which will display (guess what!) the bookmarks by name, and whack enter on the one you want. It is Word, not JAWS, and beautifully reliable.
At 10:53 PM 10/29/2020, you wrote:
Ann, I use a placemarker all the time in Word.
The limitation I've found is that I can't set it at the end of a
selection and work backwards, which I can on webpages. Also, I use only
temporary placemarkers in Word. It sounds like permanent ones won't
work, but it's never even occurred to me to use them in Word. I have
permanent ones all over the Internet!