moderated Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

Ann Byrne

I didn't know you could do that.

You can set actual bookmarks, though. Alt-n, then k is the Word command. Name the bookmark. When you want to move to it, use ctrl-g, go to, which places the cursor on the page number item of a list. move to the bookmark item, which will display (guess what!) the bookmarks by name, and whack enter on the one you want. It is Word, not JAWS, and beautifully reliable.

At 10:53 PM 10/29/2020, you wrote:
Ann, I use a placemarker all the time in Word. The limitation I've found is that I can't set it at the end of a selection and work backwards, which I can on webpages. Also, I use only temporary placemarkers in Word. It sounds like permanent ones won't work, but it's never even occurred to me to use them in Word. I have permanent ones all over the Internet!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

You need to use bookmarks in Word. Placemarkers only work on the internet.
At 06:11 PM 10/29/2020, you wrote:

Hello,

I am conducting a research paper thus reading extended literature. When
I hit
control+windows+k to mark a spot within the
document I get “setting place marker in beginning of documement is not
validâ€&#65533;. But I am on page 72 therrefore I am nowhere near the
beginning of the document. I even placed the cursor at the beginning of
the sentence to mark.

JFW 2020, Win. 10, MS Word from Office 365.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Vaughn

Sent from