moderated Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

Adrian Spratt

Ann, I use a placemarker all the time in Word. The limitation I've found is that I can't set it at the end of a selection and work backwards, which I can on webpages. Also, I use only temporary placemarkers in Word. It sounds like permanent ones won't work, but it's never even occurred to me to use them in Word. I have permanent ones all over the Internet!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

You need to use bookmarks in Word. Placemarkers only work on the internet.
At 06:11 PM 10/29/2020, you wrote:

Hello,

I am conducting a research paper thus reading extended literature. When
I hit
control+windows+k to mark a spot within the
document I get “setting place marker in beginning of document is not
validâ€&#65533;. But I am on page 72 therefore I am nowhere near the
beginning of the document. I even placed the cursor at the beginning of
the sentence to mark.

JFW 2020, Win. 10, MS Word from Office 365.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Vaughn

Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10