moderated Re: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

Adrian Spratt

I’ve encountered this phenomenon in the same repeated, very specific situation. I open a protected file and unprotect it. then I start reading and decide to set a placemarker at a certain point. I get that verbalization you quote. The solution for me is to alt-tab to another window, typically Outlook, and alt-tab back into the document. Then all is well.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaughn Brown
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 7:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Setting Place Marker in Word not Workingq

Hello,

I am conducting a research paper thus reading extended literature. When I hit control+windows+k to mark a spot within the document I get “setting place marker in beginning of document is not valid”. But I am on page 72 therefore I am nowhere near the beginning of the document. I even placed the cursor at the beginning of the sentence to mark.

JFW 2020, Win. 10, MS Word from Office 365.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Vaughn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10