moderated Re: Accessible fax services with JAWS and Windows10

I have been using Myfax.com for many years, but this is not a free service. I just switched to an internet based phone system at my retail store and it includes fax service through SRFax.com, not sure about their pricing, but most of these fax services work in a way where you simply send your fax by email to the PhoneNumber@... where Faxservice.com refers to whichever service you use. For example, with Myfax I send to 12021234567@..., I can just write something in the email body or I can attach a PDF, Word, Excel or other document to the email and it will be sent. Within a few minutes after you send the email you get a return email which tells you if your fax was successfully sent or not.
For incoming faxes these services give you your own fax number, with Myfax I used to have a toll free number and if somebody sends you a fax to that number you get an email with the fax attached as a PDF file. Of course it's image based like any fax so you would have to run this through an OcR application or, if you use Jaws, you can use Convenient Ocr to recognize it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible fax services with JAWS and Windows10

Hi Shai,

I use Metrofax and it works fine for me. Its accessible and does everything you listed as your wants. HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessible fax services with JAWS and Windows10

Hello,
What are some accessible fax services for sending and receiving faxes with Windows10 and JAWS2020?
I am looking to send a fax by email to the number and receive it back by email as pdf.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

--
Shai Wolman
Wolman technologies
(619)894-6587
Providing training to children and adults that empowers them to be productive and successful with their assistive technology/computing tasks.
atvistech@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.